How to Protect Yourself as a Seller
- Don’t accept wire transfers, money orders or cashier’s checks. Use only online payment services such as PayPal or Google Checkout.
- If a buyer sends an email saying they have sent payment and/or if you receive a receipt from PayPal or Google Checkout check your account to make sure the funds were deposited in your account before sending the item.
- Don’t accept payment in excess of your purchase price—this is a huge red flag.
- Always ship an item with insurance and a tracking number
- Sell locally when possible.
Be on the alert for signs of a scammer:
- The buyer is eager to buy immediately without asking any questions about the item
- Poor spelling and grammar
- Often have overseas addresses
- The buyer wants to pay via wire transfer, money order or cashier’s
check, and use a third party shipper.
- The buyer is purchasing an item for his family member or friend
Please notify BravoBride if you encounter any buyers who seem suspicious—do not reply to them or agree to sell anything to them.