Weddings in this day and age are so expensive. The dress, the venue, the food, the cake, it all will add up! But don’t worry, we have some great ideas to cut out some basic costs that will make any couple excited. Hopefully with using these tips you will be able to invite every friend in your contact list and even save some money for the honeymoon! Here are 5 ways to cut wedding costs!
- Be flexible on the date of your wedding. By being flexible you are more likely to receive a discount from your venue by having it on a holiday weekend or in the fall/winter. (Also Saturday evenings are the most expensive)
2. Get rid of the giant cake. They are slowly becoming overrated anyways, and there are such so many other ideas that can be even better than the traditional wedding cake.
3. Flowers, Flowers, FLOWERS! Always choose flowers that are in season. This will bring the prices way down and remember that certain colors of flowers are much more expensive than others. (blue and purple for example)
4. Throw out the chicken, salmon, steak menu. Instead go with some classic comfort food! Fried chicken, mac and cheese, pizza, etc. Your guests will go nuts over this menu and it will make your food costs much lower.
5. DIY!! There is a reason so many people are obsessed with DIY projects, especially for weddings. They are affordable and make for some quality bonding time with your mom, bridesmaids, mother-in-law, etc.
How have you cut wedding costs? Comment your ideas below!