For some brides, choosing the perfect wedding gown can be a bit stressful and daunting. There are so many shapes, sizes, patterns, fabrics, etc. Before entering a bridal store a new bride should have some idea as to what dress style they want to start with. 2 or 3 styles would be good to start off. This blog post is simply to break it down and bring it back to the basics. We are going to cover the 7 basic wedding dress styles.
1. Ballgown: The typical “fairy tail” dress. This type of dress consists of a tight waistline with a flair at the waist and a full skirt. It is always a very classic gown.
2. A-Line: This dress is typically fitted around the waist and then flares out and to the ground. It is similar to the ballgown style but has a tighter waist.
3. Trumpet: Typically this dress is fitted through the whole body and then flares out at the thigh.
4. Mermaid: This dress is fitted from the chest all the way down to the knee, and then it slightly flares out. It is similar to the trumpet style dress.
5. Sheath: Narrow shape that flows straight down from the neckline to the hem.
6. Tea Length: The dress skirt falls right in between the ankle and the knee. Perfect for showing off your shoes.
7. Mini: Skirt falls above the knee. Perfect for reception dresses or for the “not traditional” bride.
And there you have it! These are the 7 basic wedding dresses! Comment your favorite below!