A new trend in the wedding industry is using chalkboards as a means of communication and guidance at both your ceremony and your reception. Whether you opt to buy or DIY, having a wedding chalkboard sign adds a unique charm to your big day. Here, at BravoBride, we have the perfect cheat sheet on how to create your own from home!
- Various styles and sizes of frames
- Spray paint chalkboard paint
- Sidewalk chalk or chalk pens
Where to Find Frame:
- Estate/ Garage sales
- Thrift stores
- Ikea (they offer various styles and sizes for cheap)
- Remove the glass from the frames
- Clean the glass thoroughly with Windex or other glass cleaner
- Spray the glass with the chalkboard spray paint
- Allow the paint to fully dry
- Place the glass back in the frame
When using regular sidewalk chalk, wetting the chalk with water throughout the writing process will help make the writing thicker and smoother. Because of this, many people prefer to use chalk pens. These pens allow you to write brighter and cleaner than regular chalk without having to wet your writing utensil.
These chalkboards are not guaranteed to wipe clean after every use, making sure you know exactly what you want on your board will help your chalkboard sign look its best.