If you've decided to sell a wedding dress or some of your other wedding items, you've come to the right place. Not only are we the most popular online marketplace for new and used wedding items but we also provide excellent customer service, selling tips and a large community of buyers. Please take a moment to read our seller's guide and contact us with any questions. If you are a wedding vendor selling new, preowned, sample or handmade items please click here.
- How to Sell a Wedding Dress at BravoBride.com
- Tips for Selling Preowned Wedding Items at BravoBride.com
- What to Sell at BravoBride.com
Selling things online can be somewhat intimidating, especially when you are selling something as expensive and precious as your wedding dress. If you've been searching for a website to sell your wedding dress on, we're happy you're here. Here are some helpful tid-bits for when you’re ready to sell your wedding dress online.
1. Sell Soon – If you know you’re going to eventually sell your dress, list your dress sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the lower your price will be. Style changes over time, and so does demand. If you wait to sell your dress, the demand for the style or designer may go down compared to when you purchased it. Basically, if you want the most “bang for your buck”, sell your dress as soon as it becomes available to sell. By doing so, you are more likely to sell it at a higher price than if you waited next year.
2. Appearance – Brides will be clicking on photos of your dress, so you want to make sure it’s a good picture. The better the picture, the more likely you’re item will be viewed (which quickens the selling process). Don’t be shy; take a picture of yourself in the dress. Viewers will then have a better idea of what the dress looks like on an actual person rather than on a hanger or in a box. If you don’t want your head in the shot, simply crop it out before posting. Be sure your pictures are good quality and in focus. Remember, your photos are a big part of your sales pitch, so make sure they are great.
3. Pricing – Not all previously owned wedding dresses are used wedding dresses. When listing a dress that was never worn, for whatever the reason, the price will still need to be less than the retail price. Just like a car, it looses value after it leaves the store. We recommend 25% off the original retail price or sale price. Also keep in mind the age of the dress. The older the dress, the greater the discount. For example, a dress that is five years old or older, 60% off the original price or sale price would be appropriate. For the dress that was previously “loved”, we recommend a 50% discount.
4. Description – Besides photos, the written description and details are very important when selling a pre-owned wedding dress. Including measurements, preservation methods, designer, and the dress style number will increase your chances for a successful sale. Many buyers will use this information to find the dress in a store in order to try it on before purchasing online. A thorough description of the dress will tell potential buyers what pictures cannot. Damages, stains and alterations should also be mentioned so that there are no surprises after purchase.
Here are some important tips and tricks to remember when selling your wedding items.
Quality Photographs – If you are trying to sell a wedding dress on the Internet it's important to personalize your photos. An image of yourself in the gown provides buyers with an idea of what it looks like on. Showing images only of your gown on the hanger or preserved in a box makes it hard for a potential buyer to get an idea how it would actually fit. Make sure your photos are clear and taken in good light. You may also be able to use professional photos from your wedding with your photographer’s permission.
Accurate Description – Providing a clear and concise description gives buyers an honest and accurate portrayal of the item they are looking to purchase. If you are selling a dress include the designer’s name and the dress style name or number. If the item is damaged make sure to disclose this information, as well as provide close-up photographs depicting the defect.
Clear Terms of Payment – Don’t accept wire transfers, money orders or cashier’s checks. Use only online payment services such as PayPal, Google Checkout and Escrow.com. For items priced over $100 we highly recommend using Escrow.com, they are the only online payment company that can protect the buyer and seller. For in person transactions we recommend only accepting cash.
Link to Social Media – For extra exposure, post your BravoBride items to your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts. The more outlets you utilize, the better your items will be promoted and seen.
Timing – Sell your items shortly following your big day, keeping the items relevant and on trend provides buyers with desirable goods.
Be Patient – Items with high desire or lower price points will often sell quickly, however more expensive items may take time to find the right buyer, remember to be patient your items will sell in time.
Respond – When responding to questions from potential buyers try to respond within 24-48 hours, this will allow the buyer to know if the item is available and will prevent them from moving on to the next seller.
BravoBride is the complete resource for everything a bride needs. We encourage you to list the following:
• New and used wedding dresses
• Bridesmaid dresss
• Mother-of-the bride gowns
• Flower girl dresses
• Engagement rings
• Wedding bands
• Wedding ring sets
• Other jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets and earrings
• Hair accessories
• Hand bags
• Aisle runners
• Guest books
• Pen holders
• Ring pillows
• Flower baskets
• Wedding arches
• Table centerpieces
• Table linens
• Party tents
• Cake toppers
• Cake serving sets
• Wedding decorations
• Place card holders
• Wedding toasting glasses
• Wedding books
• Wedding planner guides
• Wedding magazines
Party and shower items
• Bachelorette supplies
• Other items that a bride can use on her big day